Who uses Python today
Few daYS back started reading a python book named Learning Python by Mark lutz an O'Reilly publication and I decided to share my experience and thus will be writing a series of blogs on python based on the learning from this book.
There are more than a million python users around the world who uses python for scripting, general coding, application development, web development, testing, animation, scientific research and many more.
The major uses of python a general purpose object oriented programing language is as follows:
- Google makes extensive use of python for web search engine systems
- YouTube is largely written in python
- Dropbox client software and server is in python
- Raspberry Pi prefers python for its applications
- EVE, a massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) by CPP games uses python broadly
- Bit Torrent a peer to peer file sharing system began as a python program
- Industrial Light & Magic , Pixar uses python for animation production
- Google's App Engine web development framework uses python as an application language
- The IronPort email server product uses more than 1 million lines of python code to do its job
- Maya, a powerful integrated 3D modeling and animation system, provides a python scripting API
- NSA uses python for cryptography and intelligence analysis
- iRobot uses python to develop commercial and military robotic devices
- Netflix and Yelp have both documented the role of python in their software infrastructure
- Intel, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Seagate, Qualcomm, and IBM uses python for hardware testing
- JPMorgan Chase, UBS, Getco, and Citadel apply Python To financial market forcasting
- NASA, Los Alamos, Fermilab, JPL and many others use scientific programming tasks
The Civilizations IV game's customizable scripted events are entirely in python
- One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project built its user interface and activity model in python.