[Which is better] Ubuntu Gnome vs Ubuntu (unity)

Hello everyone, well it's been a long time, I didn't wrote any blog. The reason for the same is that I was meshing up with my laptop in try new Operating systems.

I'm a person who really don't like windows ( except in terms of Visual Studio because it is the best IDE I have ever used.)

I'm a Linux lover specially Ubuntu. I have tried several Linux destros in recent years including Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Red Hat, BOSS, Kali and many more.

Recently I installed Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 on my laptop instead of regular Ubuntu 15.10 with unity desktop and experienced a great difference in terms of performance and usage.

Ubuntu Gnome 15.01
Before Proceeding I will like to tell you that I'm running Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 64 bit in dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64 bit on Acer emachines E732Z with
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 320 GB Hard disk
  • 780 MB graphics memory
  • Intel HD graphics
  • Intel Pentium P6200
Let's discuss on several points


Look and feel

For people who still think Linux a dark world must try this. Ubuntu Gnome comes with Gnome 3.16.4 give even better look than windows 8.1 and 10
Here is a pic
Ubuntu Gnome 15.01

You will get a mixed feeling of running windows 8.1 and MAC book. UNLIKE Ubuntu Unity desktop you will get option to choose different wallpaper on desktop and lock screen.

Gnome has a different style of notifications and you can even see them after words by pressing Windows+v.
Gnome comes with a great expendable library of extensions and can be downloaded and installed by one click from https://extensions.gnome.org/# 



Performance
 As per my personal experience, Gnome runs more smoothly as compared to unity and even consumes less RAM.
When I used Unity, average ram usage was 1.2GB where as with GNOME it is 800 MBs
Ubuntu Gnome System Monitor


Popular posts from this blog

RTU B.Tech 4th semester Computer science Syllabus (Common to IT also)

[How to] install Remastersys on Unbuntu 14.04 [Linux] with GUI support

[How to] Connect an android device [using MTP] on Linux [Ubuntu 14.04 LTS] 100% working